Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's Over!

The Holidays are Over! I know that sounds really bad, right? I just was not into them this year like I normally am! Blame it on a new baby, not having real winter weather, tiredness......whatever you choose. Today is MaKieley's first day back at school and she was excited! She got out of bed as soon as her alarm went off (despite going to bed 30 minutes late and not going to sleep for at least another hour) and dressed herself, brushed her hair and was ready for breakfast when John pulled himself out of bed. Yes I did say John and not Sarah. I stayed in bed with Marley who had already been up to eat twice since 2 am. I was not asleep but since John seemed to have everything under control I stayed right where I was (not a normal thing). This really was part of one of my New Year Resolutions to give up some of the control and not worry about everything being perfect all the time. We will see how long it lasts. Anyway - Marley and I did get out of bed in time to wish everyone a good day and see them off at a decent (not late) time. You see it takes appx. 15 minutes to get to MaKieley's school so we can not leave the house late! Or Else! John informed me they got to school in plenty of time for MaKieley to walk in at a leisurely pace. Normally we are pulling up to the school telling her she needs to get in the building and go straight to class! No playing around (which she loves to do)! She informed her daddy she liked getting to school at this time.
Now at home I feed Marley and we watched one of our new Baby Einstein DVDs (Thank you Aunt Lyric, Uncle Andy and Cousin Ollie) and then it was time for a much needed nap! So right now she is sleeping in her big bed dreaming of whatever she loves! I am updating my blog, doing laundry, doing some picking up and enjoying the little bit of normalcy!
I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: