Saturday, January 13, 2007

I'll have a Side Order of Patience Please

What a sweet face! Behind it is what is driving me crazy! MaKieley went through a while of not listening and minding, doing whatever she wants to, just general 6 year old rebellion! Well I thought that little girl who tries my patience on a daily basis had finally disappeared about Wednesday! She was listening and minding the first time, doing what she was told, asking before she did things and not showing much rebellion at all! Well as you have probably guessed... SHE'S BAAACK! 'Maybe it is the weather' is what I have been telling myself all day! For those of you not here - An ice storm came in over night and thank goodness today was Saturday and not a school day! We have been in our house all day! Marley waited until 4 pm to take a good nap - we would get her to sleep and she would sleep for 5 to 15 minutes and then she was up again, but she was not happy! She was very agitated because she was tired! And MaKieley was not helping the situation at all! So as you can see, today did not lend itself to a calm laid back stay in your jammies day! I know MaKieley has such a sweet heart and wants to help! It is just that she does not always do it in a helpful way! Example: We made queso this afternoon to go with our dinner. I put it in the microwave to heat it up and then had to hold Marley. MaK went in and took it out of the microwave and decided she would add some more of the Rotel juice (which I really did not want in there but it was not the end of the world). What made it worse was when I dipped the first chip in the queso I found out she had also found it necessary to add a hefty dose of Splenda! YUCK! Ok, I know my dad is reading this and cracking up and telling my mom to listen up! Now she is cracking up! I beg you to please think about the way you felt when I am sure I did something so similar to this you are having flashbacks! It has been a long and hard day and it is only 7:35pm and I would appreciate a tiny bit of sympathy right now! Thank you! If you could serve it up I would ask for a Side of Patience to go along with my tiny serving of sympathy. But I know that is not possible so I will just have to ask God if I can get a little extra patience to make it through this long weekend!

No comments: