Thursday, February 01, 2007

Those Sweet Baby Words

You know when kiddos say words that sound so funny to us but to them sound exactly like what we are saying? MaKieley had words like tamote (remote), aminal (animal), cronk (crack), and deckalit (delacate).

So in memory of these words (we have only a few left) I have been wanting to tell this story...

...I had several small Texas flags, I thought MaKieley's teacher could use them in her classroom so I sent them to school with MaK. I told her she was only to take these to Ms. Gooch. Do nothing else with them. Did she listen? No. Instead she decided to split them between her teacher and her Grammie ( I guess that was ok. I just did not want her giving them to other children when she did not have enough for everyone.) She took two of them to her Grammie and told her these are for your tamode. My mom looked at her and said, "What?" MaKieley repeated herself, "These are for your tamode." My mom was confused at this point and said, "My what?" MaKieley told her, "You know that thing your sit on. There is one for each side." It was about this time when my mom figured out she was talking about the little motor scooter that my dad had rented her so she would be able to get around easier. We still are not sure why MaKieley was calling the scooter a "tamode".

No comments: