Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Dad

Today is the day my Dad was born! What a day! What a man!
My daddy was the one who took me out on dates, taught me how to mow the yard and change my oil! He coached my soccer and t-ball teams and sat in the cold at many football games to support my performance! He is also the man who taught me how a husband should love God and treat his wife and children (I think he did a good job of teaching me that)! He was the one that did not have to say anything when I had done something wrong and that was worse than anything else! I knew he was disappointed and that did more to me than any punishment! He had the most unique way of teaching my brother and I not to fight! Like the time we were on vacation and all we were doing was arguing in the backseat! He had finally had it and pulled over! We were told to get out of the car...we did not have a clue what was happening next. We got out and my dad drove off! Not far...but far enough that we got the idea that we should be quiet for a while! :)

My dad has supported me through all kinds of things and has been more than I could have ever asked for in a daddy!


I love you dad! Happy birthday!

No comments: