Saturday, October 28, 2006

Extreme Makeover: Swing Edition


Ok! Maybe it is not the extreme swing makeover! But it was definitely a makeover! We kept MaKieley's swing! We took very good care of it when we were using it with her and when we were done I very carefully boxed it up so that it would still be in good condition so that we could use it with our next child! What we did not realize was that it would be almost exactly 6 years before that next child would come along! None the less we kept it. Before Marley was born we pulled it out and set it back up and washed the seat cover! I was so proud that I still had the swing and would not have to spend the money to get a new one! Was I wrong! Lets all say Yes together! Marley did not like the swing at first but when she finally did we knew we were in trouble! The swing sounded like it was skipping gears which was ok because it would still swing (we just were not sure for how long). Well....it stopped swinging one day! We were so sad! The swing looked great - no scratches and all the pieces still there - as close to new as you could get! Marley had finally decided she liked the swing and it QUIT! I would push it and keep pushing it until she fell deep enough asleep that it did not matter if she was still moving or not. Sometimes however I did not get another push in quick enough and she would grip. Not cry - but it just sounded like she was giving you the what for! If for some reason she did not get pushed soon after the griping started she would move into a full out screaming cry! Then I decided I could take it apart and fix it! SO - that is exactly what I did! I made it work! Can you believe it? I thought it was great until Marley said she did not think it was so great (she said this through screaming!). The swing was so loud that she was not very happy and not able to go to sleep very easily! So I broke down and went to buy her a new swing! She is much happier now! Her new swing is absolutely quiet! Some of you may have some knowledge of the shows Overhaulin' or Pimp my Ride where the take a car and put a lot of special things on it! Well we decided Marley's new swing had been to one of the shows! The swing has a moving mobile and a mirror and it swings from side to side as well as front to back! It also has nature sound (which Marley loves - especially the water sounds!) and plays songs! I think it looks like a baby cereal bowl! When it is in it's fully reclined position it like a bowl or cup! Marley loves her swing!

No comments: